Waldkirch, November 2006 – 35,000 contour profiles per second, more than 1,500 pieces of 3-D contour data per profile – the Ranger E camera system sets the standard in 3-D contour measurement under industrial conditions. The various versions all offer the world’s fastest measurements for high-speed applications, extremely high accuracy for detecting the finest of details, integrated 3-D data evaluation, and a gigabit Ethernet interface for rapid data transfer. The Ranger E’s MultiScan function also allows several different object features to be measured and evaluated simultaneously, e.g. grey value, dazzle, 3-D and laser scatter.
The Ranger E 3-D measurement system can be integrated into user’s analysis and inspection environments as the central component of an image processing system. Its image processing unit is available with two different resolutions, as an optional high-resolution line version, and as an infrared version. The RS-422 interface allows connection of an encoder for precise detection of an object’s speed in the measurement field. Ranger E has a gigabit Ethernet interface to allow the 3-D co-ordinates calculated in the camera to be transferred to a PC for real-time data evaluation.
Equipped for a variety of requirements
All versions of the Ranger E can be used in the most varied of tasks. These include, among others:
- checking components in pick & place processes, examining soldering paste, or inspecting circuit boards in the electronics industry;
- robot guidance, unloading of trading units, and automatic palletising in robotics;
- checking tyres, and surface inspections of tiles;
- portioning meat, fish, or vegetables; assuring the quality of fruit or baked goods in the food industry;
- assuring the quality of laminated boards, optimising sawing processes, or measuring tree trunks in the timber industry.
The Ranger E’s features thus offer new possibilities for inline inspection systems in the most varied of sectors.
Further Ranger variants
The Ranger family also includes two other variants. Ranger C offers the same performance features as Ranger E, but uses a CameraLink interface instead of Ethernet for data transfer. Ranger D is a brand-new camera that provides particularly economical 3-D contour measurement solutions by deliberately doing without high-speed profile measurement and the MultiScan functionality, as well as by limiting the possible software parameters.